How to talk about the crimes of the 20th century totalitarian regimes in Europe without equating them? Watch videos from a discussion panel at the 2015 European Symposium in Vienna.
Participants: Prof. Tamás Stark (Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Prof. Richard Overy (Exeter University), Prof. Zdzisław Krasnodębski (University of Bremen), Prof. Habbo Knoch (Köln University), Dr Áron Máthé (Committee of National Remembrance of Hungary).
Find out more:
- Individual stories of totalitarian regimes' victims
- The Genesis of the European Day of Remembrance for Victims of Totalitarian Regimes
- Commemoration of 23 August - key dates and documents
- Molotov - Ribbentrop Pact explained
- Nuremberg Is Not Enough - an article by Jan Rydel
- Truncheons in the display case - an article by Wojciech Stanisławski
- That Old Soviet Idea - an article by Marek Kornat