The international academic conference Central and Eastern Europe after the First World War will take place from 31 January 31 to 2 February 2018 in Berlin. Deadline: 22 July.
In the early years after the First World War (1918-1923), political, military, cultural, social and economic developments consolidated to a high degree in Eastern Europe. Therefore the main aim of the conference is to present the aftermath of the First World War, and the making of Eastern and Central Europe understood as a New Europe.
The conference will prelude an open-air exhibition, organized by the ENRS, presenting the aftermath of the First World War, that will be opened in November 2018 and will travel to a number of European countries in the following years.
Deadline for submissions: 22 July 2017
- European Network Remembrance and Solidarity (ENRS),
- Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe.
- Leibniz Institute for the History and Culture of Eastern Europe (GWZO),
- Jagiellonian University of Cracow, Department of Historical Anthropology,
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, Department of History,
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Institute for Humanities, Research Center of History,
- University of Cluj-Napoca.