The 7th conference within the Genealogies of Memory series will take place on 6-8 Dec 2017. Applicaton deadline: 15 July.
The goal of this conference is to promote an interdisciplinary discussion of the relationships between image, history and memory. We welcome paper proposals from the fields of art history, history, sociology, cultural studies, political science and others. The papers should address images in their various roles: as witnesses to history, as means of materializing memories, as active creators of history or as producers of the contents of memory.
Deadline for submissions: 15 July 2017
The list of the chosen participants will be announced by the end of September 2017.
There is no fee for taking part in the conference.
- European Network Remembrance and Solidarity (ENRS);
- Institute of Arts History, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- History Department, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- Department of Art and Visual History, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Humboldt University of Berlin;
- Social Memory Laboratory, Institute of Sociology, University of Warsaw
- Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw;
- The Committee on Art Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Wojciech Bałus (Polish Academy of Sciences);
- Prof. Kazimierz Ilski (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań);
- Prof. Csaba György Kiss (ENRS Academic Council);
- Prof. Michaela Marek (Humboldt University of Berlin);
- Dr Joanna Wawrzyniak (University of Warsaw)
- Prof. Piotr Juszkiewicz (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań)
- Prof. Mariusz Bryl,
- Prof. Stanisław Czekalski,
- Dr hab. Michał Haake,
- Dr hab. Łukasz Kiepuszewski,
- Dr hab. Dorota Malczewska-Pawelec,
- Dr Małgorzata Pakier (ENRS),
- Prof. Piotr Witek,
- Prof. Tadeusz Żuchowski