The Genealogies of Memory 2017 conference coming up in Warsaw
Among the keynote speakers are: Ernst van Alphen, Mieke Bal, Robert Hariman, Constantin Parvulescu, and Wojciech Suchocki.
The goal of this conference is to promote an interdisciplinary discussion of the relationships between image, history and memory. The presented papers will address images in their various roles: as witnesses to history, as means of materializing memories, as active creators of history or as producers of the contents of memory.
Keynote lectures will be given by Ernst van Alphen, Mieke Bal, Robert Hariman, Constantin Parvulescu, and Wojciech Suchocki.
The conference will accompanied by an ehxibit of pieces by Mieke Bal.
Please note that the online registration for the Conference is now closed. You may still register at conference registration desk at the conference site.
Dates: 6-8 December
Venue: Akademia Sztuk Pięknych, Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 37/39, Warsaw
The conference will be held in English. Simultaneous translation into Polish will be provided.
- European Network Remembrance and Solidarity (ENRS);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Republic of Poland;
- Department of Art and Visual History, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin;
- Institute of Art History, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- History Department, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- Intradepartmental Social Memory Section, Institute of Sociology, University of Warsaw;
- Faculty of Management of Visual Culture, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw;
- Committee on Art Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences