The 10th European Remembrance Symposium 'Reconciliation: a Long and Winding Path' has officially started!
This year's venue of the event, the Burke Theatre in Trinity College Dublin is now filled the participants from the entire Europe. Three days of captivating debates and networking sessions are ahead!
The event began with the welcome speeches:
- letter from Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland (the letter will read by Naoimh McNamee)
- Joe Costello, Deputy Lord Mayor of Dublin
- Thomas Byrne TD, Minister of State for European Affairs at the Department of the Taoiseah and at the Department of Foreign Affairs of Ireland
- Anna Gallego Torres, Director-General of the DG Justice and Consumers, European Comission
- Naoimh McNamee, CEO of The Glencree Centre for Peace and Reconciliation
- Rafał Rogulski, Director of the European Network Remembrance and Solidarity
The ageda for today:
15.00 - 16.30 - Opening session: 'Witnesses of the Reconciliation Processes'
17.00 - 18.30 - First panel discussion: 'Reconciliation: the Concept and Different Models'
19.00 - 20.00 - Turbo presentations
Follow our Twitter account Twitter account to get the live coverage of the Symposium!